My babys having a baby

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

29 weeks and worrying me

I Jayme had her 29 week appointment and she is up to a whopping 118 pounds, woo hoo! She had her glucose test done and all seems to be going well except that her midwife was concerned that the little guy was already head down and low. She told Jayme that she had to stop working so many hours (she is full time) and begin to rest a bit because she is at risk for going into labor early.

Of course, I go into panic, thinking that this means she may deliver next week! I think I am beginning to calm down now but we are not ready for this baby! She has 11 weeks to go and I want to use up all of them. I haven't even begun thinking about her baby shower, and more then anything, just the emotional side of my daughter having a baby.

I think that I am going to try to take her away to the coast this weekend, It is hot here and I think it would be great for her to cool off and relax. Her feet are beginning to swell slightly but overall she is doing really great. She is beginning to look forward to his birth, and getting ready to take birthing classes with Tony.

Tony has really come out on top here, I am amazed at the change in him and how much he has stepped up to the plate. He is treating her like a princess, buying her a memory foam pad for her bed so she can be comfortable, a fan to keep her cool, clothing, healthy food, really anything that she needs to be happy and comfortable. He has bought almost everything for the baby so far, the crib, changing table, stroller, car seat. . . you name it. I am impressed with his changes so far, I get that he is young . . . but he is doing well.

So, life moves on, I am praying we get this baby to at least mid august. I am looking forward to meeting him, holding him and just getting to see what he looks like, to watch Jaymes reactions to him, as she becomes a mother.

My baby is becoming a mother, that still amazes me.

Kat

2 Comments:

  • hey grandma!! jenn came out with your blog address so we thought we would check up on you two. jayme is adorable! jenn thinks jayme looks like jenn did when she was pregnant. jenn would also like you to come by for a visit! we all miss you around here. we hope all is going well with your new/old job and all those kiddos. we hope to hear from you soon.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:38 PM  

  • Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home