My babys having a baby

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Yesterdays Appointment

Jayme had a routine checkup yesterday. She asked Tony to come so that he could hear the heartbeat. I still am having a very difficult time being around him, and hold some deep concerns for his future and my daughters future if he is to stick around. Either way though, Jayme wanted him to come, so I was pleasant as I could be to him.

Jayme has lost another 1/2 pound over the past four weeks. I am so concerned for her. She tries to eat but gets sick after about 5 bites. She isn't throwing up at all, but just feels very full and nauseous. Elizabeth (midwife) recommended that she stop taking her vitamin and see if she has better luck eating. I sure hope that works.

According to the ultrasound, they changed her dates after all to September 17. This means she was 11 weeks on Sunday. I talked to Elizabeth about her chances of premature birth, and she just kinda nodded and said "yep". I feel that she is expecting Jayme to go early but that doesn't really surprise me. I just hope babe doesn't come early enough to cause any problems. I want this transition to motherhood to be as smooth as possible for Jayme.

The heartbeat was fantastic, Tony was able to hear it, he just was very quiet and didn't say anything. I hope it affects him and makes him realize its time to grow up and stop the childish games. He is considering going into the Air Force, because of the stability and money. I think its a fantastic idea, of course! I encouraged him to give it serious thought. My feelings are that Jayme could complete high school without his games and pressure, she would get stable child support from him, and if he did indeed grow up a bit, then possibly down the road they could work things out. The rate he's currently going though, I just don't see that as possible.

Anyway, its been a great week, we adopted 2 new kitties from a local shelter. They have kept us busy playing kitty tag and just being neat cats in general. Work is well, Jayme is well, little ones are well. I'm praying to keep the momentum up!

3 Comments:

  • 2 things to try in regards to the morning sickness:
    They sell these fabric bands that divers wear, that have plastic disks in them. You position them on pressure points on your wrists, and they help with motion sickness of any kind, as well as pregnancy sickness.
    I found mine at a diving shop, sometimes you can find them at specialty maternity stores. I will see if I can find some on the web.
    2nd thing: instead of not taking her vitamins all together, have them check her iron count- I couldn't handle prenatals with iron, but did fine with the no iron added ones.

    You are such a good mama, I think good thoughts for you and yours all the time. Keep up the good work.
    LB

    By Blogger Needleroozer, at 2:19 PM  

  • Well, look at that- found them first try. There were several listed as "sea sickness bands".

    This was the only thing that helped me, and I pretty much wore them constantly.

    Good luck,
    LB

    http://store.yahoo.com/landfallnav/-sms01.html

    By Blogger Needleroozer, at 2:21 PM  

  • Send her uo North for a few weeks and I will take her to Krispy Kreme, then we can talk pounds!!

    Love T

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home