My babys having a baby

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Babe's first Hike

Last Saturday, we took Gabriel on his first big hike. We hiked Lower Table Rock which is about a 3.2 mile hike. It's an amazing view from the top and a relatively easy hike for kiddos because the trail is wide and well groomed. Gabriel rode up in the sling on Jayme and down in the sling on me. All of the kiddos went, so I am including all of our pictures here for family and friends that keep asking for pics of them.

Here is Jayme and Gabriel all the way at the top. You can see some of the view behind them. She is doing well for 6 weeks postpartum!

Here is Gabe and I posing at the top. The view behind is what I am trying to show though! How many 6 week old babys get to nurse at the top of Table Rock??? What a view! He is a lucky guy!
Here is Jacob, 3 years old, hiking down the trail. He was pretty worn out by this point, but still smiling! He's my happy boy!
We are all taking a well needed rest and water break, right on top of a rock that was made for sitting on!
Makiah (11) at the top of TR. She's trying to run from the bees who were attacking our picnic, but all the rocks in the way make that a bit difficult!
Auntie Katie (12) is smooching on Gabriel. Don't panic- we didn't let her get too close to the edge with him :)
Hannah (5) found an acorn! She had pockets full of them by the time we headed back down the mountain!

Hannah and Jacob found another way down off of the trail. They decided scooting was far easier then hiking. It worked until we hit some hard volcanic rocks! Oh ya . . . now I get to go back to Penneys for more jeans!
Hannah and Jake were tired of carrying thier backpacks, so they made new and improved belly packs. Gabriel was in the sling in front of us right? It worked pretty well too!

So, this is just a fun and quick update. We are all doing well. Jayme goes back to school on Monday, Tony has been over to see Gabriel. Everybody is moving along just fine. I got the highest score in the class on our recent SCIENCE exam!?!?!?!?! Are you reading this Terra??? For those who don't know, I am getting my B.S. in Sociology, minoring in psychology and women's studies. I am so NOT a science person though . . . and have been whining non stop about having to do another science class. Don't tell anybody . . . its actually kinda fun!


So, life is ok . .. . . pics are ok . .. . . . love ya all :)
Kat

1 Comments:

  • Thanks for posting pics of all the kids....I miss them all terribly. I can't believe how big Katie and Makiah are. I still think of them as little girls. They have all grown so much. Maddy still reminds me so much of Hannah.

    XoXO
    Jessica

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home