My babys having a baby

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sad and Scary news

This is a short post, Gabriel was sick last night and Jayme called me at work. He was screaming alot and very stiff. He seemed to settle down around 9pm though. About 1am Jayme woke me to tell me he had a temp of 101 and was fussy. I figured we could probably wait until the Dr. office opened at 8am. However at 6am I woke again and had a funny feeling. I went and checked his temp and it was up to 102.4

So, we went strait to ER, little Gabriel had a spinal tap, blood drawn, catheter for urine and an IV put in. At this point they are saying he will be in the hospital at least 7-10 days. Jayme is a sobbing mess, and blaming herself somehow.

At this point it looks like it is a Kidney infection. They are already talking about further tests to see about his kidney functions. He is also very jaundice with high billirubin levels, much higher then they would like to see at 13 days old.

So, we are going to camp out at the hospital. Jayme will be there full time, I will be there as much as she needs. Tony did come up for a bit while Gabriel was in the ER and again a bit later this afternoon, but unfortunatly they ended up in another argument and things went downhill.

I will post more as I see it, right now we are all just very scared and concerned for little Gabriel. I am also very very worried for Jayme as she seems to be shutting down just a bit. This is tough stuff :(

Kat

4 Comments:

  • I will be praying for you guys. Especially Jayme and Gabriel. My baby is 3 weeks today and I can't imagine how scared Jayme is. ~Earlene

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 PM  

  • you are all in my thoughts, I hope he perks up and gets all better soon! Sending lots of love your way. I hope they don't treat her poorly at the hospital because she's a young momma >:-(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

  • Hugs and kisses, hang in there.

    By Blogger Terra, at 8:21 AM  

  • I just checked in to see if there was an update. How scary! How is he doing now? I have kept up with your blog for months now.

    Sarah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home