My babys having a baby

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Moose is on the Loose

The moose is home! I actually was able to bring them home on Thursday but haven't caught a moment to update until this evening. Classes started this week again, and its crazy making. Between my own 5, work and school, sometimes I think I am nutso . . . anyway, Moose is loving being tucked into his sling and Jayme is learning she can accomplish much more with the babe in sling.

















Now that he is home more, his personality is starting to come out. He is LOUD! There are no soft newborn cries in this home, oh no! Gabe screams hysterically the moment he doesn't like something. No warming up, no mumbles and grumbles, just a pissed off shriek that wakes everybody (including our neighbors) at 3 am.

I have offered to give him a bottle of breast milk so that she can have a break but so far she isn't ready for that. I'm not trying to intefere but I do think Jayme needs more sleep. She is still teary each day, though I can hardly blame her, I would cry if my baby screamed like moose does too!

Jayme was supposed to have a home tutor, but Gabriel is now almost 4 weeks and the tutor just came for the first time a few days ago. He didn't have any work for Jayme yet, apparently the teachers are very reluctant to make packets for her. She is stressing because she is getting further and further behind, and is worried about going back to school in 2 weeks. I think it will be good for her to get out and about and begin living her life again though. We went shopping this weekend for school clothes and supplies, so I think she is beginning to get excited.

I'm back in school, and finding it hard to study with a screaming baby in the house. I try not to get too frustrated but as loud as he is, there is nowhere to escape the scream factor. He is a grumpy little guy, and certainly has every reason to be, but either way, its not a quiet home by any stretch of the imagination. He has settled into a pattern that looks somewhat like this . . . nurse for 5-7 minutes, stop, throw his head back and howl as loud as possible for about 10 minutes, get bounced and jostled for 15 minutes, then scream another 10-15 minutes, nurse again for about 5 minutes, doze off for about 7 minutes and wake up screaming to start it again . . . argggggggggg

Now that we are home though, things are settling in. Gabriel got some visit time today with "grampa" who isn't officially grampa, but the only "grampa" figure that lives close to us (my dad is 4 hours away and Tonys dad isn't really involved with him) and of course, I don't have a male partner so . . . Mr. Bill is stepping up to play Grampa . . . God help Gabriel!











Here, he is being sweet and smooching on his cute baby grandson






Here, he is awfully proud and ready to give Moose lessons on the art of riding a motorcycle and wearing glasses for protection


hehehe no wonder Gabriel has screamed all evening!!!

1 Comments:

  • THX for the update. Don't forget Gramma needs her rest too :)

    XoXo

    By Blogger Terra, at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home