My babys having a baby

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Gabriel's Debut



I am still in shock, still awestruck, still knocked out by the emotions of watching my baby have her baby. This birth was such an emotional one that even the nurse said "You guys made me cry at your birth . . . and I gave that up years ago!"

Gabriel was welcomed into the world early this morning at 1:17 am weighing a whopping 8 pounds 2 ounces (out of my 124 pound daughter!!!!) and is 20 inches long. He is absolutely beautiful, with a small amount of blonde hair. I can't even gather the words to say what I am feeling at this moment. Jayme made me proud, she has worked so hard, and this is such a beautiful reward. Gabriel couldn't be better. I will post her birth story when I can wrap my mind around it a bit more, but right now it feels very sacred, and I want to process through some of it more. Gabriel coming was very much a team effort though, with Tony Jayme and I working together . . . and it worked! He is here and Gorgeous!!! He is very alert, quite cranky and wants to nurse all the time, I am thrilled. I can't imagine being any happier with the outcome then I am at this very moment in my life . . . Thank you for everybody who supported Jayme and I through this time, it means the world to me!

6 Comments:

  • Oh, I just love it that he's finally here! Congrats gramma and momma and papa and wee Gabriel! I can't wait to read the birth story!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 PM  

  • I have been reading for MONTHS and checking back numerous times a day to see if Gabriel had been born. Can't wait to read the birth story! I am so thankful that all is well!

    Sarah :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:13 PM  

  • Yay! How wonderful that Gabriel is here, and that he weighed 8 pounds! That is about 2 pounds more than I was thinking. Great work, can't wait to hear the birth story. I am another who has been reading here since the beginning.
    LB

    By Blogger Needleroozer, at 7:25 PM  

  • Congratulations Katrina! Please tell Jayme congrats for me and give her and Gabriel love from all of us. He is an absolutely beautiful baby, and I wish that I could have been there for you guys like you were there for me when Maddy was born.
    Love you all,
    Jessica

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 PM  

  • Good job team. Jayme is going to be a spelindid mum. Can't wait to see you all.

    Love me.

    By Blogger Terra, at 9:54 PM  

  • That is awesome! He is beautiful and Jayme looks great too! Jayme was due just a week after me (I had my daughter a week ago), so I have been following since I saw the link on the WTM board months ago! CONGRATS to you all! I can't wait to read the birth story. You are a fantastic mom and she will be as well as she has learned from you!
    ~Earlene

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home